Neurovative now has the option for you to live monitor and provide daily interpretations on your long term patients from their home environment.
Neurovative Diagnostics wants to offer relief to hospitals and epilepsy centers by freeing up beds and nursing staff for the COVID-19 response and provide an alternative resource for essential EEG diagnostic cases during this unprecedented time. Additionally, we also offer a source for overflows or backlogs of patients during this time.
ACNS statement on recommending outpatient testing. Neurovative is prepared and committed to following these ACNS guidelines:
- Ambulatory (Long Term) EEG (with video if available)
- Balance risk vs. benefit; Ambulatory EEG data may inform treatment to avoid ED visits
- Cleaning – Clean all surfaces with antiseptic wipes
- If possible, have the same tech perform hook up and take down
- If not already being done, consider having hookup/take down done at the outpatient lab and not the hospital to limit exposure and hospital traffic
- If using a third party for home video EEG, make sure they are following CDC guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Outpatient “Routine” EEG
- Determine risk vs. benefit and relative urgency of outpatient NDT procedures
- Could information gained from a routine OP EEG potentially avoid ED visits or other morbidity?
- Will EEG results immediately alter the treatment plan?
- Activation procedures, especially hyperventilation, should not be performed on a COVID positive patient or PUI. In patients with low concern for COVID, rather than routinely performing hyperventilation and photic stimulation on all patients, patients should be selected for high diagnostic yield. For example, a patient with concern/suspicion for absence epilepsy or other primary generalized epilepsies is most likely to benefit from hyperventilation.
With the ongoing spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) we would like to remind you that our commitment to the health and safety of patients, technologists and staff is our top priority. Neurovative feels it is crucial to update you on the precautionary measures implemented by our clinical leadership. Should you feel a long term EEG study is essential for your patients, we want you to have confidence in Neurovative and our processes. In addition to strict adherence to ACNS, ASET, CDC and Joint Commission guidelines and recommendations, we have implemented extra measures to ensure the safety of our patients and our team members.
Appointment confirmation calls to the patient are made at 48 and 24 hours prior, as always. Patients will now also receive a call on the day of the appointment to ensure there are no changes in the health of the patient and others in the household.
What screening questions can I expect prior to my appointment?
- Have you, anyone you have been in close contact with, or anyone in your household been experiencing flu-like symptoms?
- Do you currently have a fever? Does anyone in your household have a fever?
- Have you, anyone you have been in close contact with, or anyone in your household been out of the country within the last 14 days?
- Notification that we will be taking the patient’s and any family member in the vicinity of setup area’s temperature upon arrival.
What precautions will technologists take on the day of my appointment?
- Technologists will be performing wellness self screenings and evaluating any recent exposure risk factors.
- If technologists feel unwell or have been exposed, they are instructed not to return to work until medical evaluation is done and/or completes 14 days of quarantine.
- Each morning, prior to departing for the day, Neurovative’s field technologists will take their temperature and document the results.
- Before stepping out of their car, technologists will retake their temperature and document it on the patient information sheet.
- Immediately upon arrival, the technician will take the patient’s temperature and record it on a patient information sheet.
What can I do to help keep everyone safe during and prior to my appointment?
- Wearing a mask during the duration of the appointment is the best thing you can do for the safety of our technologists entering your home, and to also protect the high risk or vulnerable patients we serve.
- We recommend everyone in the household, especially within a 6-foot radius of the setup area, also wear a mask during the duration of your appointment.
- Please alert us prior to the appointment if anyone in your household is unwell.
What is the fever indicator?
- If a technician encounters symptoms or a fever greater than 99.5 degrees, they will immediately contact Neurovative’s Clinical Director about canceling or rescheduling the study. The office will also be notified of the cancellation.
Required PPE Used:
Technologists will be wearing masks and gloves. Upon available supply, our technologists are also required to wear goggles and gowns.