In-Home Long Term EEG
Why In-Home EEG?
Neurovative Diagnostics offers in-home Long Term EEG with video. All in-home EEGs can be intermittently monitored. Neurovative is able to outfit any patient setting to become remote monitoring capable.
Benefits of In-Home Long Term EEG
- RDiagnostic Time Decreases.
- RWith Long Term EEGs done in the home, capturing the effects of the patient’s naturally triggered environment is possible. Various aspects of the environment, such as physical activity, stress, and heat often provoke seizures and spells.
- R These natural triggers often cannot be replicated when the patient is hospitalized.
- RNatural sleep may provoke abnormalities that may help make a diagnosis. Recording EEG during the entire natural environmental circadian cycle is useful in capturing spells that occur only at certain times of the day.
- RDiagnosis rate is higher.
- RThe convenience of in-home long term EEG is very attractive. Its outpatient nature circumvents the need for hospitalization.
- RFamily and caregivers do not need to take time away from their schedules to be with the patient in the hospital.
- RIn many cases, hospitals that have EMUs are scheduled out many months which delay the diagnosis and treatment.
- RPatients in remote areas have no access to EMUs (Epilepsy Monitoring Units) or would need to drive long distances which can stress the family.
Invaluable Solutions to Health Risks
In addition to providing intermittent services to all internally referred patients, we are also able to provide Intermittent Monitoring as a service to other service providers.
Additional Benefits to other Service Providers:
We help diagnose immobile and elderly patients who cannot move facilities easily.
Unnecessarily exposing patients to more health risks when they are not critical cases and when an EMU is not necessary is counterproductive.
Without in-home long term EEG, it may not be possible to diagnosis an immobile patient or elderly patient, leading to decreased care and treatment.
Though they are most often used for epilepsy monitoring, Long Term EEGs can also be used to diagnose and track a multitude of various conditions:
Seizures and 'spells'
Exceptional Patient Care
Long Term EEGs can be performed in hospitals, facilities, and the comfort of your own home.
Neurovative is determined to provide each and every one of our patients with the absolute best experience with our Long Term EEG Services. We also offer in-home or in-facility Routine EEGs, when applicable to patient care.
Get Started Now
Neurovative Diagnostics accepts referrals from thousands of hospitals, facilities, physicians, and private practices across the country.